Since we live in the countryside, making our own stuff turns out to be quicker & cheaper than rushing into a shop. Also, I have quite sensitive skin, therefore, I found it hard to find a suitable washing-up liquid. I like Lily’ s Eco Clean or even Ecover is ok. But. I don’ t like the bottles it comes in and nobody around does a refill.
There are 3 recipes we like:
For 500 ml you will need:
- 1,5 cup of hot water
- 0,5 cup of liquid castile soap – (you can make it yourself: just grate 50 g of our soap and dissolve in water)
- 1 tbsp of vine-gear
- 1 tsp of soda crystals
- a few drops of essential oil (I used eucalyptus)
-> mix all of the ingredients, let combine and cool down.
-> tip: to combine it better just whisk it!
-> if it hardens too much (it can happen because of the washing soda), just add more boilng water.
in the picture:
- wooden washing-up brush
- replacement head for washing-up brush (we use it for veggies even though it has quite long bristles, but it works pretty well! :))
Dishwasher powder detergent:
- 300 g of baking soda (bread soda/ bicarbonate of soda)
- 300 g of washing soda (soda crystals)
- 150 g of coarse sea salt (I was able to find a big cardboard box of dishwasher salt in the cleaning sections in the shop)
- 150 g of citric acid
-> stir properly and put into a dose with lid. Make sure no moist can get inside otherwise you will get one huge tablet!
-> add 1-2 tsp instead of a washing tablet, add 2 drops of washing-up liquid (no more!!) and use as normally. You can also add 0,5 cup of vinegar if you wish to make your glasses super shiny :).
->> put a bit of baking soda into a small bowl, add water in the amount so it will make a paste :). We use it instead of CIF cream :)).
Hope you find it helpful! <3